Job Vacancy: Accounts Assistant Remuneration + benefits: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum 28 holiday days per year (including bank holidays) Long service holidays Free parking Subsidised gym membership Contract type:
|Job Vacancy:||Accounts Assistant|
|Remuneration + benefits:||£20,000 – £22,000 per annum
28 holiday days per year (including bank holidays)
Long service holidays
Subsidised gym membership
35 hours per week: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
|Location:||Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX|
|Closing Date:||Monday 24th August 2020, 9am
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve the right to remove this advert
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history. As a proud founder member of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, ‘Burnley Rovers’ soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League – and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup. We are now about to embark on our 5th season in the Premier League for the 2020/21 season.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town: we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
We are now looking to recruit to the role of Accounts Assistant.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and motivated accounts assistant with extensive experience in payroll. They will be an exceptional communicator who is happy to work hard, as part of a fast-paced team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Assistant will be expected to:
- Prepare payroll, including timesheets, expenses and mileage on a month-by-month basis
- Reconciling daily and weekly cashiering tasks, including issuing cash and reconciling
- Credit control duties and sales ledger raising of invoices and cash allocations
- Various adhoc duties as and when required
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
- Comply with all club policies
- Promote the Burnley FC brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner
- Willingness to attend training courses; including safeguarding, equality and diversity.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience working with Sage payroll professional and Sage 50 accounts
- Be confident in chasing debt via telephone and email
- Be self-motivated, confidential and trustworthy
- Hold excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have excellent IT skills including intermediate abilities in all MS Office programs and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of reconciling weekly cashiering tasks.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form, and then return it via email to the HR and People Manager, Ann-Marie Bradley, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Burnley FC is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Due to a high demand in applications, the club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.
10 (Monday) 9:00 am - 24 (Monday) 9:00 am
Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX