Job vacancy: Academy Football Secretary Remuneration + benefits: · £22,500 per annum, rising to £25,000 per annum following a successful probation period · 28 days holidays per year (including
|Job vacancy:||Academy Football Secretary|
|Remuneration + benefits:||· £22,500 per annum, rising to £25,000 per annum following a successful probation period
· 28 days holidays per year (including bank holidays)
· Long service holidays
· Free parking
· Subsidised gym membership
|Contract type:||· Permanent
· Full time: 35 hours per week Monday – Friday including possible evenings & weekends where required
|Location:||Barnfield Training Centre, Habergham Drive, Padiham, BB12 8UA|
|Closing date:||Monday 24th August 2020 @ 9am
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history. As a proud founder member of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, ‘Burnley Rovers’ soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League – and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup. We are now about to embark on our 5th season in the Premier League for the 2020/21 season.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town: we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
We are now looking to recruit to the role of Academy Football Secretary. This is fantastic time to join the Club following our Academy’s recent award of Category 1 status.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and motivated administrator. They will be an exceptional communicator who is happy to work hard, as part of a fast-paced team.
Reporting to the Academy Manager & Head of Football Operations the Academy Football Secretary will be expected to:
- Maintain all department filing systems, with specific responsibility for player files.
- Act as the super-user for the Academy PMA system, aiding both staff and players and managing any associated issues.
- Provide support to the Academy Manager in areas such as: diary management, minute taking and day to day running of the Academy programme.
- Liaising with and supporting the Academy Management Team (AMT) in respect to the end of season procedure for all development phases.
- Assist in the production and on-going attainment of ISO audit criteria.
- Assist the HR and People Manager in ensuring that Academy staff HR files are up to date.
- Collate all Academy staff timesheets, expenses, purchase orders, receipts, and invoices for managerial authorisation, and manage the petty cash process.
- Oversee and lead the administrative requirements for Academy tours and tournaments.
- A key focus on the administration for U9-U18 age groups, for the Club to demonstrate compliance with external rules and regulations.
- Act as lead administrator for Development Phases U9-U18, including fixture details, transport coordination and parental communication.
- Liaise with Academy departments regarding academy fixture and training details, updates on news, fixture information and locations, and with Media so that they can update the website with relevant information.
- To be the point of contact for parents regarding any Academy administrative queries.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of current legislation and policies, communicating key changes to staff as appropriate.
- Manage registrations for U9-U18 players with the appropriate youth development forms.
- Assist the Recruitment Department in booking travel, transport, and accommodation for national and overseas trialists.
- Assist in the production of the required documentation for TMS international clearance data.
- Ensure each trialist entering the Academy structure has been presented with the relevant documentation before the commencement of their trial period.
- Assist with scout requests in line with Club and Academy protocol and League rules.
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
- To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with all Club policies.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
- A minimum of two years in an administrative role.
- Previous experience of working within the sport industry (desirable).
- A relevant qualification in business administration (desirable).
- Knowledge of Elite Player Performance Pathway (EPPP) and Youth Development (YD) Rules and experience of working with football regulations and authorities (desirable).
- GCSE grade 4/C or above in English and Math’s or equivalent.
- Proficient IT Skills with extensive experience in using both Windows and Mac.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to form strong relationships with players, parents, colleagues, and officials.
- Strong organisational skills, and able to multitask.
- A flexible attitude towards working hours and available on weekends and evenings.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on our website https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/club/vacancies/ and returning it via email to the HR and People Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
* Due to a high demand in applications, the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.
10 (Monday) 9:00 am - 24 (Monday) 9:00 am
Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX